Letters to the Editor

Topics related to the Christian Soldiers Newsletter discussed here.

Moderator: Officers

Postby Marx on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:23 am

Yeah, I just wanted to cause agitation as usual heh.

I guess I just wanted to raise hell like Big Mama's House did eh Rev?
A Martin Lawrence film?

You remember that one?

Think long and hard.

Take a sip from that coffee mug with your cute pug face on it.

Ok good, that's out of the way.
Salute!

~Marx
Marx
Officially Retired

Postby [CS] Revenant on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:28 pm

Did Big Momma's House raise hell? I thought it was a semi amusing movie but I didn't know there was any controversy...

Do I have a cute pug face? I thought it was more ugly and longish... it has scars and wrinkles too. Most people prefer not to look at me and I have been known to frighten children. Cute and Pug are not expected.

Sabby- I generally don't pick on any particular demographic because most of them have some validity... not all tree huggers are wrong after all... I'm all for saving the planet. The folks that I prefer to beat up on are the uninformed who insist on forcing their opinions on us... not facts, not research... but rather their opinion formed from who knows where. Regurgitated rumor overhead in a bar does not really empower you to properly debate a subject. Your childish opinions formed when you were in High School because you read a paragraph on the subject in a school text does not an informed opinion make. I will not debate someone on a subject unless I have done some manner of research on the subject... but reading a Wikipedia entry does not constitute research! The people who are particularly enfuriating are the people who cite references like "They say". Who in the heck is "They"? If you can't cite the text, the person, article, whatever from which you gleaned the information then you are spouting "hearsay". Can I always cite my sources? Nope...but I can sure look them up if I need to... I do not make up statistics to reinforce my arguments like many people will...

Anyway... after that little rant I suppose I'll stop and stick my tongue out at Marx for being such a stinky little agitator. :P

God is not willing to do everything, and thus take away our free will and that share of glory which belongs to us.
Niccolo Machiavelli
[CS] Revenant
Site Admin

Postby Sabby31 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:14 pm

That's why I like the "rants", keep educating the masses!! :dh:

:lol:
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that enough good men do nothing.”

"Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior"

"The true measure of a man is how he handles adversity"

Sabby31
Officially Retired

Postby [CS] IcePrincess on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:01 pm

I remember the Big Momma's House incident.
[CS] IcePrincess
Clan Officer

Postby [CS] Revenant on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:32 am

What happened? I vaguely remember using the movie as a reference for the type of entertainment dumb people like... is that what we are talking about? Probably :) Some folks just don't get me :lol:

My observation of a lot of online interaction is that people tend to get their backs up quickly and easily, that they tend to take themselves very seriously and cannot differentiate between lampooning/roasting for humorous purposes and an honest to goodness attack on an issue. I offend a lot of people who are struggling to be politically correct, to make sure that they don't hurt anyone's feelings. Well I don't buy it. Let's come down off our high horses and let's speak plainly. Does it make a retarded person feel better about themselves if we call them 'Mentally Challenged'? It doesn't change their condition so why are we worried about the label?

If you don't like what I write, think about why. Am I right? Probably not. If it's a mathematical equation I can be correct... but on issues of politics, personality, social problems, and the like... I am never right simply because there aren't 2 poles in these issues, there is no right and wrong, there are only opinions/viewpoints.

One last thing- I very rarely ever attack ignorance by itself... I attack an ignorant person who ventures forth an opinion on a subject of which they are wholly ignorant. I am ignorant of a multitude of things... there just isn't enough time in one person's lifetime to know everything... this is why I don't comment on these subjects. A few things I will probably never debate with anyone are polo, cooking, the benefits of French citizenship, the mating habits of panda bears, the flavor of rockfish, what might be in Chicken Soup for the Soul, who invented the curling iron, why men go bald, and who married J-Lo.

Another rant... what do you know?

I have been getting tons of suggestions from people (and thank you all) about things that annoy them... I am certainly not as intolerant as some of you I will assure you! Keep 'em coming!

God is not willing to do everything, and thus take away our free will and that share of glory which belongs to us.
Niccolo Machiavelli
[CS] Revenant
Site Admin

Postby Sabby31 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:02 pm

I think Pandas are mating under Scopes hat... :shock:
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that enough good men do nothing.”

"Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior"

"The true measure of a man is how he handles adversity"

Sabby31
Officially Retired

Postby Marx on Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:13 pm

That's a good response Rev. Good response.

Now when we don't have a northern polar ice cap in 40 years, I can smile and read your column.

:D

~Marx

p.s. don't respond to this, I beg thee.
Marx
Officially Retired

Postby [CS] Revenant on Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:40 pm

I have identified what type of critter a Marx is- Agitatus Smartalickus Rex.

Nothing to trifle with I can assure you :D

Is the north pole the top? Why don't we view the globe with the south pole on top? Who was it that arbitrarily decided that maps would be oriented (NOT ORIENTATED) with north at the top of the page?

Niccolo Machiavelli
[CS] Revenant
Site Admin

Postby [CS] Xid on Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:38 pm

Oriented: to be made into an Asian?
-----
There lurks the skid demon!
[CS] Xid
Clan Officer

Postby Marx on Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:32 pm

Well, north and south are a point of view as with anything, but if you check the orbit, that side is closer to being on top...

I really don't know who would sit around and philosophize about it...
I guess it's better that the North ice cap is leaving first...

Oh, and Rev, thanks for the Rex title. I would love to be King. Hah...not really. I don't want to dethrone the one we already have :D

~Marx
Marx
Officially Retired

Postby Tenacious P on Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:15 pm

[CS] Revenant wrote:Is the north pole the top? Why don't we view the globe with the south pole on top? Who was it that arbitrarily decided that maps would be
oriented (NOT ORIENTATED) with north at the top of the page?

The notion that north should always be up and east at the right was established by the Egyptian astronomer Ptolemy.
Tenacious P
Hall of Fame

Postby [CS] Ice_GopherFC on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:00 pm

Bravo Rev, simply, seriously, Bravo! :D
"Blimps remind me of myself to much to want to own one. The are slow, round, full of hot air and not tax free. :shock:" -[CS] Goodytwoshoes

I've learned that I'd much rather have fools pray for me, than work with intellectuals who run me down. I love you folks! (1 Corinthians 1:25!)
[CS] Ice_GopherFC
Official Clan Fire Fodder

Postby [CS] Revenant on Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:24 pm

Thanks Ten P... I didn't feel like looking that one up.

And thanks Ice-Gopher... for well... being a cold rodent. :shock:

If I were standing on what... North would be on top? :)

Niccolo Machiavelli
[CS] Revenant
Site Admin

Postby [CS] Jedi on Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:41 am

[CS] Revenant wrote:If I were standing on what... North would be on top? :)

I don't know...but if you could stand on your ears...I bet you could touch Mars!
"Raston, do you get a commission from YouTube?" - [CS] IcePrincess
"The only useless weapon in DOD is the lack of cooperation." - Steff Meister
"This isn't Counter-Strike, let's leave the attitudes at the door." - Sparky Jamers
[CS] Jedi
Site Admin

Postby [CS] Revenant on Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:27 am

Sigh. A sound drubbing is in order I suppose:

You remind me of Jar Jar Binks... :twisted:

Niccolo Machiavelli
[CS] Revenant
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Letter to the Editor